- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- 1975, Warsaw University, Poland
- Thesis Title: Theorem Proving Systems, Iterative Systems, Grammars
- Thesis Supervisor: Professor H. Rasiowa, Mathematics Institute of Warsaw University.
- Thesis Referees included Professor A. Mostowski, Mathematics Institute of Warsaw University, and Professor Z. Pawlak, Computer Science Institute of Polish Academy of Science.
- M.S. in Computer Science
- 1967, Warsaw University, Poland
- Employment History
- 1989 - present
- Associate Professor (with tenure),
Computer Science Department, SUNY at Stony Brook, NY
- 1998 - 2001
- Associate Adjunct Professor of Business (Dowling
College, Oakdale, NY)
- 1993- 1994
- FULBRIGHT Scholar to Poland, Warsaw
Polytechnic University, Warsaw, on sabbatical leave from SUNY at
- 1986 - 1989
- Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Department, SUNY at Stony Brook
- 1981 - 1986
- Assistant Professor, Department of
Mathematics, Lafayette College, Easton, PA
- 1980 -1981
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of
Mathematics, Yale University, New Haven CT and Wesleyan
University, Middletown, CT
- 1967 - 1983
- Institute of Mathematics, Warsaw University,
Assistant Professor with tenure (1975 - 1983),
on leave 1980 - 83, Lecturer (1967 -74)
- 1974 -1975
- Research fellow in Mathematics (on leave from
Warsaw University) at Mathematical Institute, Polish Academy of
- Research Fellow in Mathematics Universite Libre
de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium (on leave from Warsaw University)
- PhD Students
Juanfran Martinez (2000- 2005), Madrid Polytechnic University, Spain.
- Ernestina Menasalvas, Madrid Polytechnic University, Spain
(1994 -1998), Associate Professor, Dean for Post Graduate Studies at
Madrid Polytechnic University, Vice-Rector of Madrid Polytechnic
University, Spain. Her promotions were based solely on our
collaborative research. All our research was and is supported by
grants from Spanish Ministry of Education.
- Michael Hadjimichael, SUNY, Stony Brook (1988-1993),
Senior Researcher at Naval Research Laboratory, Monterey, CA
- Post Doctoral Students
Dr. Victor Robles, (2003) now Associate Professor, Madrid Polytechnic University, Spain, Research Fellow at Harvard Medical School, MA, USA.
Dr. Laurent Vigneron (1994-1995), INRIA, Nancy, and LORIA, Nancy 2 University, France, now Professor at Nancy University. His promotion was based solely on our collaborative research.
- Teaching Experience in Computer Science
- Graduate and
undergraduate courses and seminars in Data Mining,
Advanced Logic for Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence,
Machine Learning, Expert Systems, Uncertainties in Expert
Systems, Fuzzy and Rough sets, Elements of the Theory of
Computation, Mathematical Structures for Computer Science,
Foundation of Computer Science, Foundations of Information
Systems, Information Systems for Management, Logic for Computer
Science, Advanced Logic.
- Teaching Experience in Business
- Master degree courses in
Business Information Systems and E-commerce.
- Teaching Experience in Mathematics
- Graduate courses in Foundations of Mathematics,
Universal Algebra, Many Valued Logics, Proof Theory, Boolean Algebras,
Undergraduate courses in Algebra,
Linear Algebra, Calculus 1, 2, 3,
Differential Equations, Foundations of Mathematics, Logic,
Foundations of Geometry, Introduction to Topology, Number Theory.
- Service to the Department
Please see Publications
Please see Service