[Prev][Next][Index]

dar seminar - David Warren: Programming with Tabling in XSB

		 Design and Analysis Research Seminar
                         Wed., Oct. 3, 2001
                     2-3pm, CS Seminar Room 1306

		   Programming with Tabling in XSB

			   David S. Warren

In this talk I describe how XSB, a tabling Prolog system, can be used
effectively to program useful tasks in several domains.  XSB has been
applied to a number of tasks including: traditional dynamic
programming problems, finite state automata theory, context-free
language recognition, parsing and analysis, recursive aggregation,
meta-interpreters, program analysis and abstract interpretation, model
checking, and abduction.  I intend to concentrate on context-free
language recognition and parsing, and on abstract interpretation and
program analysis to show how simply (but perhaps unintuitively) some
complex problems can effectively be solved.

--
For those of us who've been waiting, this looks like an authoritative
introduction to the memoization techniques used for efficiently