Hi, I am Muhammad Asiful Islam, graduate student at Computer Science, SUNY-Stony Brook . I received my BS degree in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
Currently, I'm doing research with Prof. I.V. Ramakrishnan and Prof. C.R. Ramakrishnan in the Department of Computer Science at Stony Brook University. I'm interested in various areas of Computer Science. However, my research is mainly focused on Machine Learning and application of Machine Learning techniques to other areas of Computer Science.
*UPDATE*I graduated from Stony Brook and joined Google, where I'm working on Data Mining and Machine Learning problems.
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY.
- GPA: 4.0
- Thesis: Inference and Learning in Probabilistic Logic Programs with Continuous Random Variables
- Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
- GPA: 3.92
- Thesis: A Hybrid Approach to Design Neural Network Ensembles
PhD, Computer Science (2012).
B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering (2006)
1. Muhammad Asiful Islam, C.R. Ramakrishnan, I.V. Ramakrishnan, "Inference in Probabilistic Logic Programs with Continuous Random Variables". In Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP'12).
2. Muhammad Asiful Islam, Yevgen Borodin, I.V. Ramakrishnan, "Mixture Model based Label Association Techniques for Web Accessibility". In Proceedings of the 23rd ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, (UIST'10). [pdf]
3. Muhammad Asiful Islam, Faisal Ahmed, Yevgen Borodin, Jalal Mahmud, I.V. Ramakrishnan, "Improving Accessibility of Transaction-centric Web Objects". In Proceedings of the Tenth SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, (SDM'10). [pdf]
4. I.V. Ramakrishnan, Jalal Mahmud, Yevgen Borodin, Muhammad Asiful Islam, Faisal Ahmed, "Bridging the Web Accessibility Divide". In Proceedings of 4th Int'l Workshop on Automated Specification and Verification of Web Systems (WWV'08), Elsevier ENTCS, Volume 235, Pages 107-124, April 2009. [pdf]
5. Md. Monirul Islam, Xin Yao (Fellow, IEEE), S.M. Shahriar Nirjon, Muhammad Asiful Islam, Kazuyuki Murase, "Bagging and Boosting Negatively Correlated Neural Networks". IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B: Cybernetics, vol. 38, NO. 3, June 2008. (http://www.ieeesmc.org/) [pdf]