CSE391: Web Queries: Methods and Tools
- Project demos will be in CS 2114, using machines sbntwb016,
sbntwb018, and sbntwb022.
- Added Handout P for project report, presentation, and demo.
- Added presentation schedule.
- Added a link to a single pdf file that contains all and only the
explanation part of the semantic web tutorial.
- Added links to Semantic Web Tutorial Using N3, immediately below linkes to XML slides
- Added links to W3C Semantic Web, RDF, and OWL pages
- Added links to some general and some specialized tools.
- Added links upto Web Survey and Internet Research Reports by SecuritySpace.
- Added Handout A6 for Assignment 6.
- I decided to move the lecture planned for after the guest
lecture up too, as they are more closely related. We will talk
about search engines next Tuesday.
- Tomorrow we will have a guest lecture by Prof. I.V. Ramakrishnan
on an intelligent web query tool. Note it is being moved from
Thursday to Tuesday because of a schedule conflict of the speaker.
- Added Handout A5 for Assignment 5.
- Added the points (in red font) I emphasized during team meetings
in Handout A4.
- Added Handout A4 for Assignment 4.
- Added Handout Q2 for Questionnaire 2.
- Revised lecture schedule slightly (added team meetings and reduced semantic web part).
- Please sign up to meet with me next week about your project
- Added Handout S3 for Sample XQuery Solution to Assignment 3.
- Added Midterm preparation information (what's open in the exam).
- Added Handout MP for Midterm Practice Problems (added
empty element Prerequisite in DTD, thanks to Jiande; and
changed distinct to distinct-values in XQuery).
- Fixed typos in slides for the part on XML query languages.
- Added link to XQuery and XPath Functions and Operators, which is
also the first link under References on the XQuery page.
- Added Handout S2 for Sample XML Schema Solution to Assignment 2.
- Added Handout D for Sample Data for Demo.
- Added links to XPath, XSLT, and XQuery standards.
- Added link for downloading Quip.
- Added Handout A3 for Assignment 3.
- Added slides for the part on XML query languages.
- Added link to XML Schema standard.
- Fixed typos in slides for the part on XML data description.
- Please send me your team by today if you have it; otherwise I will
assign teams for all the remaining people and post them with the wish
list by the end of the day.
- Added the item "student id" to include at the top of your handins
in Requirements. When submitting homeworks electronically, please
include those items in the subject line as well.
- Added link to wish list from handins of assignment 1.
If you find problems with the two lines you submitted, please send
- Added Handout A2 for Assignment 2.
- Added slides for the part on XML data description.
- Corrected the grade percentage of Assignment 1 to be 3% not 3.75%.
- Added TA information and Chen's office hours.
- Changed Annie's Tue office hour from 10-11:20AM to 2:00-3:20PM.
- Added the email handin requirement for Assignment 1.
- Added Handout A1 for Assignment 1.
- Course page is expanded with General Information, Lectures
schedule, Handout Q for Questionnaire, and additional Requirements.
- Course page is created with Course Description, Prerequisites, and