- I graduated with a PhD in Computer Science from Stony Brook University in 2018. I was advised by Prof. Scott A. Smolka and Prof. Scott D. Stoller.
- My current research interests include Runtime Verification, and Systems in general. I have done research in Data Assimilation in the past.
- I like fishing. Here is one of my catches.
- My first name in Vietnamese is written as Dũng and is pronounced like [joong] with a 'j' and a 'u' sounds (as in june).
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Stony Brook University, August 2013 - August 2018
- M.Sc., Computer Science, University of Oklahoma, August 2008 - May 2011
- B.Sc., Computer Science, Hanoi University of Technology, August 2002 - June 2007
- Graduate Intern, Aramco Research Center, Houston, TX, May 2017 - August 2017
- Senior Software Engineer, Geomechanics and Beyond, Norman, OK, June 2011 - July 2013
- Software Engineering Intern, Telogical Systems, Norman, OK, June 2009 - August 2009
- Software Developer, FTL Financing and Telecommunications, Hanoi, Vietnam, September 2007 - July 2008
- Software Engineering Intern, FPT Information System, Hanoi, Vietnam, Summer 2005, 2006, 2007
- Dung Phan, Nicola Paoletti, Timothy Zhang, Radu Grosu, Scott A. Smolka, and Scott D. Stoller. Neural State Classification for Hybrid Systems. To appear in Proceedings of the 16th International Symposium on Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis (ATVA 2018), Los Angeles, October 2018. [Abstract, BibTeX, PDF]
- Usama Mehmood, Nicola Paoletti, Dung Phan, Radu Grosu, Shan Lin, Scott D. Stoller, Ashish Tiwari, Junxing Yang, and Scott A. Smolka. Declarative vs rule-based control for flocking dynamics. In Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2018). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 816-823. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3167132.3167222. [Abstract, BibTeX, PDF]
- Dung Phan, Junxing Yang, Matthew Clark, Radu Grosu, John Schierman, Scott A. Smolka, and Scott D. Stoller. A Component-Based Simplex Architecture for High-Assurance Cyber-Physical Systems. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design (ACSD 2017), Zaragoza, Spain, June 2017. [Abstract, BibTeX, PDF]
- Dung Phan, Junxing Yang, Radu Grosu, Scott A. Smolka, and Scott D. Stoller. Collision Avoidance for Mobile Robots with Limited Sensing and Limited Information About Moving Obstacles. Formal Methods in System Design (2017) pp:1-25 [BibTeX, Read on ReadCube, Article on Springer]
- Dung Phan, Junxing Yang, Denise Ratasich, Radu Grosu, Scott A. Smolka, and Scott D. Stoller. Collision Avoidance for Mobile Robots with Limited Sensing and Limited Information About the Environment. In Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Conference on Runtime Verification (RV 2015). © Springer-Verlag, 2015. [BibTeX, PDF, Extended]
- S. Lakshmivarahan, J. Lewis and D. Phan. Data Assimilation as Problem in Optimal Tracking: Application of Pontyagin's Minimum Principle to Atmospheric Sciences. Journal of Atmospheric Sciences 70(4):1257-1277, April 2013 [BibTeX, PDF]
Updated August 18, 2018