Current Ph.D Students
- Aria Rezaei (2017 till now).
- Hao-Tsung Yang (2014 till now), co-advised with Prof. Shan Lin.
- Kin Sum Liu (2013 till now), co-advised with Prof. Shan Lin.
- Jiaxin Ding (2013 till now).
Past Postdoc and Ph.D Students
- Bo Li (2016-2017), co-advised with Prof. Grant Schoenebeck. Tenure-track Assistant Professor at UIUC.
- Chien-Chun Ni (August 2017). Dissertation: Network Algorithms for Routing and Sensing Using Area Preserving Maps, Homology and Curvature.
Received the 2016 Catacosinos Computer Science
Award, first job at Yahoo Research Labs.
- Golnaz Ghasemiesfeh (August 2017), Dissertation: Contagions in Social Networks. Finalist of Facebook
Graduate Student Fellowship 2013. First job at Accenture Research.
- Siming Li (May 2017), Dissertation: Mobility and
Traffic-Adaptive Routing Algorithms for Wireless and Optical Networks. First job at eBay.
- Jiemin Zeng (August 2016), Dissertation: Integrating Mobile
Agents and Distributed Sensors in Wireless Sensor Networks. First
job at Google.
- Mayank Goswami (August 2013), co-advised with Prof. Xianfeng
David Gu, Joseph Mitchell. Dissertation: Computing Teichmuller Maps
and Applications of Conformal Geometry to Sensor Networks. Postdoc
at MPI Germany. First job Assistant Professor at Queens College,
City University of New York.
- Akshay Patil (August 2013). Dissertation: Analyzing Dynamics in
Online Social Networks. First job at Quantcast. Received the
Outstanding Dissertation Progress Award by the American Sociological
Association for contributions in computational sociology analysis.
- Xiaomeng Ban (December 2012). Dissertation: Exploring Advanced
Communication Primitives Using Greedy Routing in Sensor Networks.
First job at Google.
- Dengpan Zhou (May 2012). Dissertation: Distributed Algorithms for
Online Coordination in Wireless Sensor Networks. First job at Nine
Chapters Capital Management, LLC.
- Rupa Krishnan (August 2010). Dissertation: Improving Network
Performance through Measurement Based Analysis. First job at
- Rik Sarkar (May 2010). Dissertation: Geometric Abstractions for
Information Processing in Sensor Networks. Assistant Professor at
University of Edinburgh.
- Sol Lederer (December 2009). Dissertation: Localization and
Location Certification in Sensor Networks. First job at Morgan
- Yue Wang (May 2009), co-advised with Prof. Joseph Mitchell.
Dissertation: Geometry Discovery With Connectivity Information And
Applications In Sensor Networks. First job at Microsoft.
- Xianjin Zhu (August 2008), co-advised with Prof. Himanshu Gupta.
Dissertation: Collaborative Information Processing and Query
Evaluation in Wireless Sensor Networks. First job at Microsoft.