Web Developer Intern - Project 'SURGE'
CodeBreak Pvt. Ltd. (March 2017 - May 2017)
Tech Stack: PHP, Python, MySQLi, HTML, CSS, C++.
Designed and Developed a financial portal that helps investors understand the investment risks associated with a company in a better way.
The portal was designed to handle and analyze the data of 1800+ companies with each company carrying the stock data of the past 5 years.
The project was lead by the CEO of the company Mr. Shaarang Sahanie along with two other partners and me as an intern. My Responsibilities included:
- Understanding the Financial domain of the project.
- Developing a python script that can extract specific data from any given PDF File.
- Desigining the Database - ER Diagrams, Normalization checks.
- Scraping the stock data from the web and executing the properitary algorithms for Bottom-up Beta Calculations.
- Deploying the tested algorithms on the actual data on the company's database via python scripts.
- Develop the portal from scratch using PHP scripts.
- Build an On-site Notification system for the website.
- Develop 7 diffrent kinds of Financial valuation sheets for 7 major market sectors namely IT, Pharma, Financial Services, Healthcare, Cyclical, Declining, High Growth.
- Provide flexibity to manage the database with both PHP and Python simultaneously.
The UI of the portal has a wide set of features that included:
- Admin and Analyst Dashboards.
- Custom designed financial calculators (proprietary).
- Admin support to track an Analyst's work status.
- Admin's previlidge to handle access right grants.
- Admin's right to cross check an analysts work and even modify
An exhaustive list of the featuers can be viewed in the SURGE User's manual.
Web Development Intern
MGRM (Multi-domain Global Relationship Manahement) Pvt. Ltd.
(June 2015 - July 2015)
TechStack: CMS-JOOMLA, PHP
Renovated the website of a renouned Indian Engineering Institute preserving all Front-end and Back-end functionalities.